Monday, August 16, 2010

Any Day Is A Good Day To Die

Dear Friends and Family:

Last Tuesday was just an ordinary work day until Glen got a frantic call from his nephew, Jessie, telling him his sister, Sheila, had been taken to the hospital and they thought she was dead. They were able to get her heart beating but she was on a respirator and it didn't look good.

As I lay tossing and turning in bed that night, the question of WHY ran through my mind. WHY, did this happen to Sheila? WHY, did my brother, Steve's wife Tammy, have to die two months ago? WHY, was this happening? I turned back over and fitfully fell back to sleep. Right before my internal alarm clock went off, while I was still in that dream state, and old long gray haired Native American Indian came to me and said: "Any day is a good to die." As I woke more fully I thought: "So this is your answer?" "Any day is a good day to die?" So I started to ponder what Spirit was trying to tell me.

As we watched over Sheila the next few days I saw the love for her. As her children, Jessie, Marcella, Amy,and Steve would hold her hand and tell how much they loved her. To her brothers, sisters, nieces, nephews, friends and loved ones that came to be with her. They all came to share their love they had for Sheila. We all wanted her to recover and share her gift of laughter with us. She was always laughing.

As the news grew grimmer, we prayed for a miracle. "Please God give us a Miracle. Let Sheila be with her loved ones here." We would wait and watch for that glimmer of hope 24 more hours. But as we each came into her hospital room Friday morning and they took her off the anti-seizure medicine to check for any response she began to shake violently. No one wanted to see her suffer anymore. It was time for us to let her go.

Oh the joy and peace she experienced as she met her loved ones on the other side. I can hear her beautiful laughter as she greeted them. I am happy for her. But we are left behind to miss her.

So as I have pondered these last few days on what Spirit was trying to tell me last Wednesday morning. I would have to say this: "If, any day is a good day to die. Then, any day is a good day to live also." We must all remember that each day is a gift from God to be with our loved ones. To be able to tell them how much we love them. To enjoy the beauty that surrounds us and share it with others. It is my prayer that we will all love one another each and every day. Because, ANY DAY IS A GOOD DAY TO DIE.

Love to All of You!
Kathy Carlson

1 comment:

  1. Nice try...tell that to somebody called DI...and she is into ODYST and WEEST and PLEST.
    With TERECOA.
    And PRUSHIP.
    It's called...plea bargaining with ten years minimum.

    ReplyDelete